The Foundation Release
The rewrite of the expanders and core NS infrastructure has been a significant undertaking. Therefore, releasing and distributing this 4.0 or Foundation Release must be performed in a very careful way. Moreover, we want to seize this opportunity to establish a proven capability to create releases, and to push them all the way through to acceptance by our customers in a fast and reliable way. In order to establish this, we will perform the following minor releases.
|Baseline||End of May 2019||4.0.0||Complete and packaged internal release.|
|First external||Mid June 2019||4.0.1||Low hanging fruit, first release to customers.|
|First upgrade||Summer 2019||4.0.2||One additional feature, test release pipeline.|
An important step after the baseline, and before the first external release, is performing the diff-tool on a large scale, i.e., on several large and representative applications of customers.
Concerning the low hanging fruit of 4.0.1, the following minor features are being looked into.
- Proper indentations, which has been introduced as part of the rewrite. (DONE)
- Functional key, which was part of the 1806 release, and has been included in the rewrite. (DONE)
- Fix to allow the usage of DateLong attributes in commands. (DONE)
- Bug fix for Projector.toData, currently an issue for Ln02 relationships.
- Fix errors occurring when a task has no implementation (no hasDelegation).
- Introduce an attribute fromAddress in the notification component.
- The introduction of a SE (strictly equals) operator for strings, as an alternative for the LIKE operator.
- OPTIONAL: the introduction of a between range operator on a single field for finders.
The purpose of the 4.0.2 release is to validate the process of creating a release, testing and packaging it, and getting it accepted by the external customer(s). Currently, the introduction of the following feature is planned for this release.
- Enabling the creation of a tunnel or pipeline to relay various business methods from the view directly to the logic layer.